T-Mobile UK after merging with Orange UK are part of the UK's largest mobile communications company Everything Everywhere.
T-Mobile UK alone have over 13 million customers with 294 retail stores nationwide. The award winning network is innovative in its approach and provides consumers a variety of choice and packages that are flexible for all usage and budgets.
History of Tmobile
T-Mobile UK was originally known as Mercury One2One, then later traded as simply One2One, it was the worlds first GSM 1880 network (1993) which was later operated by Cable and Wireless before Deutsche Telekom acquired the company in 1999 who rebranded the network to T-Mobile in 2002.
In September 2009 Deutsche Telekom were in advanced merger talks with France Telecom's Orange, after an investigation by the Office of Fair Trading the merger was conditionally approved by the European Commission. The merger was finalised April 1st 2010 and completed the merger of both Orange and T-Mobile UK operations.
Both brands will continue as leading names in the market, retaining their brand and presence but now trade under the name "Everything Everywhere Ltd" who are now the UK's largest mobile communications company.
- The T-Mobile ring tone was composed by Lance Massey.
- T-Mobile UK is also the supplier behind the Virgin Mobile network.
- T-Mobile UK have 5000 employees with 294 retail stores across the UK.
- Best 'on-the-move' Mobile Broadband (Broadband Genie Road Trip Awards 2010)
- Best Mobile Broadband (Mobile Industry awards 2010)
- T-Mobile Pulse is Best Budget Buy (Computer Shopper 2009)
- T-Mobile Pulse in Best Android on a Budget (T3 2009)
- T-Mobile G1 wins Best Mobile Handset (GSMA Global Mobile Awards, 2009)
- T-Mobile G2 Touch wins 'Fanciest New Phone' (Nuts 2009)
- Best Mobile Broadband (What Mobile Awards 2009)
- Best Low Cost SIM Only Deal (SIM Only Contract Deals 2009)
- Mobile Broadband Bronze Award (WebUser Awards 2009)
- Best Network (Smartphone & PDA Essentials 2009)
- First in eight categories out of 15 (independent YouGov Dongle Tracker survey 2009)
- First for mobile broadband (P3 Solutions tests, Q1 2009)
- Best Mobile Broadband (Mobile Industry Awards 2009)
Tmobile Mobile Tariffs & Plans
T-Mobile have a very flexible set of Pay Monthly tariffs, included are their "flexible boosters" which are a unique selling point enabling customers to choose from unlimited services such as text messages, mobile internet, landlines and free calls abroad.
What is really attractive is that customers can change these requirements every 30 days simply by texting a code to the network. Additional boosters can be purchased for £5 per month and tariffs start from just £10.
Pay as you go deals are also available, simply top up £10 a month to receive unlimited text messages the following month, a reward scheme is also available that provides extra boosters (free, calls, texts) depending on how much you top up each month.
Sim card options and handset only offers also featured, a good variety to choose from overall.
Tmobile Mobile Coverage in UK
T-Mobile have 99% 2G coverage of the population and 93% 3G coverage, services by the end of 2010 are expected to rise to near 100%.
The recent merger with Orange ("Everthing Everywhere") will also enhance these figures, network reach, services and support.
Customers can make an advance check on expected coverage for 3 different locations (home, work or outdoors) prior to any commitment.
Tmobile Customer Support
T-Mobile cater for all with a variety of products and tariffs, of particular attraction are the flexible boosters included their pay monthly plans, these provide customers specific usage needs but also allows customers to change them on a monthly basis.
The network is strong for coverage and will become even stronger since its merger with Orange (Everything Everywhere), promising to provide customers increased levels of service, value and support.
Provided is full and comprehensive support section of tools and options via the T-Mobile website. This includes account management, full contact details including telephone and email for any account or handsets issues.
There is also a support forum, helpful guides including videos and a coverage checker.
Tmobile Contact details
6 Camberwell Way
Doxford Technology Park
Customer Services Telephone
From your T-Mobile mobile DIAL 150
From a UK landline DIAL 0845 412 5000 (charged at local toll rates)
From abroad DIAL +44 79539 66 150
If you've lost your phone or had it stolen DIAL 0845 412 5000 (charged at local toll rates)