Welsh Text Message Abbreviations
Following the recent announcement that Samsung and Orange have joined forces to launch the UK's first Welsh language predictive text messaging phone on 1st September, we at Rightmobilephone.co.uk have created a handy English-Welsh ‘txt spk’ guide of the top 10* most popular text message abbreviations, to ensure you can keep up with the trends!
We’re always here to help out with all mobile needs, so check out the following and impress your mates with your extensive knowledge of the Welsh language!
English-Welsh Text Speak Guide
- 1. LoL (Laugh Out Loud) = CYU (Chwerthin yn uchel)
- 2. BrB (Be Right Back) = YOYYM (Yn ôl yn y man)
- 3. M8 (Mate) = 'mêt'
- 4. WTF (What The f**K) = BD (Be ddiawl)
- 5. OMG (Oh My God) = OFN (O fy nuw)
- 6. LMAO (Laugh My Ass Off) = CFHYN (Chwerthin fy hun yn wirion)
- 7. TVM (Thanks Very Much) = DYFI (Diolch yn fawr iawn)
- 8. TMI (Too Much Information) = GOW (Diolch yn fawr iawn)
- 9. BFF (Best Friends For Ever) = FGAB (Ffrindiau gorau am byth)
- 10. BYOB (Bring Your Own Beer) = TACDH (Tyrd â chwrw dy hun)
*We surveyed 1878 mobile-phone owners to find the Top Ten most popular abbreviations currently used
Click here to Compare Mobile Phones with the very latest features, news and deals on contract, pay as you go and sim only in the UK.